Sunday, February 26, 2006

By jo, I think shes got it! My WHY

One of the things raised at Showcase (our Creative Memories convention) was WHY.

Why do I do what I do? Why do I keep doing what I do? What is my WHY?

Well I initially thought it was monetary. I really want to do this to make some money, help my lovely DH support our family and make life a little bit easier.

Then I saw that glint (if you're a consultant, I'm sure you know the one I mean) in one of my customers eyes and I thought, well maybe I like making that happen too - the glint that is.

Then this week I had a new customer stop in. She'd been to a few classes. She was struggling and definately not confident. I assured her, this week sit next to where I stand and I'll help you as much as I can.

At the class yesterday I hardly needed to help. A short while into the class She Got IT. It clicked. And away she zoomed. It was amazing. Just watching her growth and instant change was beautiful. She also came to my workshop last night. It was head down and pages done. They're not over the top, highly stylish or glamourous, but she is using the tools, getting everything stuck in and completing her pages.

I'm thinking while I still need the money, this is a nice bit of WHY to have as well.

2 comments:

gloria said...

How nice! I love teaching people something new!

agent713 said...

That's awesome Wendy. "Why" is a hard question to answer honestly. I'm glad you've found your answer though :)
~Heidi