Tuesday, February 28, 2006

In review

Yesterday was a fairly ordinary day. Nath and I went shopping after dropping the kids at school and picking up TJ a school swim cap. We tried to buy Nath shoes, but couldn't find anything decent that I could afford. We did the banking and had morning tea in the food court. Came home, had a little rest. DH woke up from night shift and looked after Nath and got BMW from the bus while I took TJ to dance solo lesson and then swimming training. We came home had dinner, bathed and bed.

Oh and we had cake. Yummy blackforest cake. Why? Cause it was my birthday yesterday. That was the only bit of the day that wasn't ordinary. It was real nice to be remembered by a few. DH got 3 gifts, 1 for each of the kids to give to me. Undies - a pack of 3 boring mummy undies, a weird green t shirt with this dude on the front, and Desperate Housewives season 1 box set. I am totally blown away that he actually spent money on that!

My Mum had dinner with us. Gregs folks sent a card and gift voucher. I got a card from my dad 1 e-card (thanks V!) and 1 email from a SIL in Melbourne who sent it in the middle of the night because she forgot, and 1 email from an old boyfriend.

Why am I telling you this? Well not to make you feel bad that you forgot or didn't know, but because we make such an effort to recognise the outlaws birthdays and I keep saying to DH, particularly in reference to one SIL is: what is the point? They aren't going to remember mine anyway. And true enough, they didn't. Not even my own sibling. Lousy brother.

One lady as the school swimming carnival today said "Ay! Was it your birthday yesterday?" Well yeah it was. Its the same time every year, and you only just figured it out because TJ must've just said something.

So from one ordinary day to the next. Thats life being Mum I guess.

Today was TJ's first school swimming carnival. Since I am Mum I'm going to bore you with her results.

Age race, 50m Freestyle - 2nd
50m Breaststroke, - 3rd
50m Backstroke - 2nd
100m Freestyle - 4th
50m Butterfly - 3rd

I'm very proud of my girl and the fact that she went in all those races and tried her best. Even kicked her feet and streched her arms ( we've been working on that)

What will an ordinary tomorrow bring? Oh yeah, coordinator coaching.

Later!

2 comments:

gloria said...

Well, *I* would have remembered if *I* were TOLD! LOL

Happy b-day girl!

:)

Veronica said...

Thank goodness for ScrapShare - as soon as I saw your name in the birthday list I just had to do a little something for you :)