Wednesday, February 15, 2006

So I blogged yesterday before DH took BMW to tennis (remember Nell, thats Darling Husband, not the other DH lol!). So anyway when he came home he brought me flowers and 2 boxes of chocies. We even had a lovely bath together after dinner with a glass of wine. So its either that ad we saw that made him guilty or me getting cross with him, unless he had it planned all along, doubtful but you can never tell. It all ended up good in the end.

Another thing I'm hoping will end up good is Showcase. Tomorrow I leave for Showcase. Today I got a phone call from one of the people sharing our room to say that her parents own an apartment at Museum and we could have it for free. So while this seems like a very generous offer there's a couple of 'flaws' shall we say.

1. you need to give 48 hours notice on the accomodation booking we already have, which is linked to my credit card and this is 24 hours notice.
2. Museum is a fair walk to darling harbour, maybe 20 minutes? Not something to be done in high heels, and definately not something to be done with a sore foot like mine, and all up hill on the way home
3. I was really looking forward to staying at Darling Harbour and meeting some of the other consultants and being able to eat out. Last year we stayed at World Tower which was a 10 minute or so walk back into the city (of Sydney) and we didn't get to eat out once, or meet anyone, it was all rush rush rush.

So I rang the accomodation people. They will charge me a one night cancellation fee, thats $409, so I said well if you are going to charge me for a night I will stay for a night. So I changed the booking to Saturday night which they agreed to.

I'm now wondering since thats more than 48 hours away, technically could I cancel the booking and not have to pay anything?

It is a shame because I was really looking forward to a little bit of luxury, enjoyment, and being in the midst of everything. Now I'll have to sleep on the floor on some old mattress to which I have to supply my own sheets and clean the bathroom and vacuum the floor before I leave. Oh joy, just what I wanted to do - NOT! Particularly since I don't even do that here. DH does most of it.

Here's hoping I have a good time.

2 comments:

gloria said...

Good Luck, and enjoy your getaway!! I am sure you'll come back with lots of ideas swimming around that cute little head of yours!

::smile::

agent713 said...

Wendy, I've done Showcase twice. Once staying off site, and once on site. While off site was definitely cheaper, half the fun of showcase is being so close to other consultants. If you can swing the $$ (which I assume you've already budgeted for) I'd encourage you to stay onsite.
JM.02, Above all, HAVE FUN!!!
~Heidi