Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A sad night

Watched the 6th Sense tonight on tv. It made me so sad. I was already pretty sad because I yelled at my children lots tonight. Well the elder two anyway. TJ was in tears. Nath exited to bed. And BMW just stood and took it. And I was right in his face. They can just make me so mad. Which makes me so sad that I get so mad. I definately am not having good coping skills today.

The boys haven't stopped fighting. I know restling is a boy thing to do, but they just won't stop. Not even in public. BMW keeps lying to me. They keep watching these rubbish cartoons in the morning and then I have to rush rush rush to try and get them to the bus on time. And then they are forgetting stuff that they could have easily packed during the hour or two that they were watching tv. Sigh.

In the few days they've been back to school their bedrooms have slipped back to messy. I had to get up in the middle of the night last night when the southerly wind came up. It was howling so I had to shut the windows. I was tripping over stuff and treading on things. Things that I keep asking to have put away. TJ has had 6 weeks to clean her desk, and now with getting homework there's no where to do it because there's too much stuff on her desk.

So anyway, rooms are mostly tidy. Nath went to sleep in the midst of me yelling. The tv will not be on in the mornings before school. There will no watching of the Simpsons. Chores will be divided up tomorrow when DH is home for support. I laid it all out for him on the phone tonight when he was at work.

And as I said to TJ. Lets make tomorrow a better day.

2 comments:

Kaye said...

We have a no-TV-in-the-morning rule because it's just too distracting for the boys. They will focus on the TV instead of doing what needs to be done.

I hope today is a better day for you!

Anonymous said...

same here on the t'v rule. Everything (and I mean E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.) must be done before it comes on - and if you faff about? bad luck billy, no t.v.

rules is rules macca ;)

If it makes you feel any better, I had one of "those" days on Sunday
:( *sigh*