Thursday, February 02, 2006

Ford

I took my car in to be fixed for the second time this week. Its still not all done. I am so not happy about it. It wastes so much of my time, limits what you can do without the car, and to have to go back again, grr!

When I finally got to collect it this afternoon, they questioned whether the bit they were meant to be fixing was actually put on by Ford, and if it was, did they use a genuine part because they weren't prepared to fix/replace it under warranty. Its my rear parking sensor btw.

It came brand new with the car, which was brand new. Fitted prior to sale.

Then he questioned whether we had informed them that we would be using the car to tow with. Like this matters. Um dude, we got a towbar fitted at the same time, do you not think we would be towing with it? And does this mean Ford doesn't bother to install something properly if you don't say up front that you may be towing with it? Silly me thought with a towbar installed too that that would be pretty obvious.

The problem to be fixed: when reversing whilst towing the rear parking sensor doesn't switch off like its supposed to. So you have this constant bip beep thing happening when your trying to concentrate and reverse. Most annoying.

So tomorrow I have to chase up from the place of purchase who installed it, with what, what model, and whether they had cornflakes for breakfast. If you kwim! Like I have nothing else better to do with my day. Only running around like a maniac trying to prepare for DH surprise party. Only cleaning my house to prepare for guests, including the bathrooms because people are sleeping over. Getting the kids rooms clean. Getting the washing done. Picking up the beer and wine (most important) and hiding it while DH is at golf ( extra important).

Sigh. So much to do. I'd better hop to it. Oh and I have to go and food shop because we have no fresh fruit or veg, no milk, no bread. Its about 37 deg celcius, 97 % humidity. yuk yuk yuk.

On a good note I got my hair cut today. Looks nice too with more foils.

Lata!

3 comments:

gloria said...

Bummer about your car. Yeah, gotta love how they always try to pin it on the customer so they don't have to pay.

Uh, hello?! Did you mention a haircut without posting pics? I don't think so! Go on, get a pic up for us to oooohhh and aaaahhhhh over!

Veronica said...

Yeah Wendy - where's the pic???


Bummer about the car - hope it all works out.

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for the pics from the last haircut :rolleyes: