Thursday, March 16, 2006

And then there were three

I mentioned the other day that we had 4 cars. 2 too many. For months I've been saying we have to sell them. Well today it happened.

Its with real mixed feelings that I say that my little car has been sold. I've had it for 12 years. It has not missed a beat and is still going strong.

We took it up this morning and parked it on the side of the main road with a for sale sign stuck in the front window. About 2pm we got a call from a man who was driving past and didn't have time to test drive it, but could we bring it down to Wamberal tonight so he could drive it then. Wamberal is about 40 minutes away, but ok.

So after the kids activities this afternoon I drove it down, and DH and the kids took the other car. It was for the son, his dad wasn't home yet, so he and I went for a test drive. He really liked it, especially the sun roof.

His dad finally came home and took it for a drive, checked it out and offered me $250 less than what I had asked since its up for rego next month. And as simple as that I agreed.

I feel really sad to have to give it up, but I can't afford to keep it just for prosperity. And I think its going to a good home, though it may not be garaged anymore. His dad was a bit in awe that a car thats 12year old can be in good condition, no crashes and have just one owner.

So now I have some money to put towards a new fridge. Isn't that sad. I sell my car and still don't have enough money for a new fridge. ::sigh::

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Wow - that's great that you were able to sell it so quickly. It must be a little sad to say goodbye....but it is for the best :)