Monday, March 20, 2006

Com Games / Fridge Update

I've been watching the Commonweath Games a fair bit. I am totally loving it. The kids have been cheering on the competitors, I'm wondering if they realise that they can't actually hear them when they are inside the tv? lol

It is so nice to see these great achievements. The switching between sports is a little hard to keep up with...swimming, athletics, swimming, gymnastics, and the other night cycling as well. But in all its good.

An update on the fridge situation. Hopeless. Its limped on for another week. DH and I have been discussing the prospects of a new fridge. He doesn't want to spend the money, but this morning the ice cubes were melted, the frozen peas were soft, the fridge section really wasn't cold. SO I think finally he has given in. The fridge is now turned off, not to be turned on again.

Trouble is deciding on a new one. This one is 610L and in summer isn't big enough. After shopping isn't big enough, so we've been talking about going bigger. 667L is the next size. When you split that between fridge and freezer it amounts to hardly anything. SO the next size up is 803L. Mucho bigger.

I've been dealing with one of my customers DH's who works at Domayne. I told him to find me prices on the top 3 LG fridges. One has a tv. One has a bar built into the door. And the third is much plainer.

So he phones today and says, you can't get the top 2, there's a couple in Australia of the 3rd plain one. They are not making them anymore and there should be a new model in 12 weeks or so. Um hello? I have no fridge. I can't wait 12 weeks.

Hmm he'll see what he can find and will ring me back. Yeah. Thanks. Oh and ladies, we're talking 4 grand for a fridge here. I can't believe we have to spend that much money to get something to fit our food into and will keep it cold.

A bonus is that it will have ice and water to keep the kidlets happy with. No more having to lift the jug out of the fridge or having them spill it everywhere when they try by themselves. I guess thats a 4k bonus.

No comments: