Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Feel like a turtle? I'll just crawl back into my shell.

Today has been a busy day and I didn't even go anywhere. No bus, no dancing, no tennis. Not even to the letterbox. Today I cleaned 2 rooms. Reorganised my study again. I have my scrapping table mostly setup with all my little jobs to do sectioned on it. I have finished all my Chirstmas tags for the tag swap Yeah! Just got to figure out what to put them in to send. I am almost caught on my raks, which feels good in itself. And I finally made the decision to buy a sizzix and some dies.

Poor DH said if I buy this, I can't complain about the lack of blocks in the garden, paint on the walls or curtains. I won't complain hon, honest! It might just be there when you get home one day.

So I'm ording my stuff online. I get to the final page to enter my payment details and the silly site goes line error. Ugh. I ring them, and they closed a half hour prior. I'm rethinking, is it a sign? Am I really meant to do this? And what shop closes at 2:30 in the afternoon. Oh yeah, a scrapping one.

On another note, I've been wondering again philisophically about me today whilst I've sat and scrapped. Why am I the girl that everyone likes well enough but never anyones friend? I've always been the one not invited to the parties. Not invited to come and stay. Yeah it hurts a bit when I'm constantly overlooked. Makes me wonder about myself. What it is that I say/do. Or is it what I don't do. I really have no idea. Contrary to belief I am quiet. I think way too much and when some one else refers to ANYone I think they are referring to me.

Which brings me to another point. This international stuff makes it really hard. I am geographically challenged which I will admit to. I don't know where things are on the other side of the world. I don't know how some words upset some people. Its not an excuse. But if you've never been exposed to other cultures before how are you supposed to know? Should you not be given the chance after getting it wrong to be forgiven? Or maybe I am forgiven. I'm just that girl that no ones really friends with. I get it. I think.

I'll just crawl back into my shell now. I don't know if its worth sticking my head out to look around or not.

1 comment:

gloria said...

Hey there girl. What's this? Is there something going on on the board? Man, I really need to get back in there and check on things! Are you needing another trip out to the Hills?? LOL Anyhow, I hope you are okay...sucks that my IM is out...