Monday, January 09, 2006

Over it.

I'm stressing. I'm tired. And I have a huge headache.

Yesterday DH and I cleaned and rearranged the 3 kids bedrooms. Cleaned up toys, put things away. Reconstructed sets. We finished grouting our tiles and cleaned up the mess. We gardened and I washed in between rain showers. The kids slept over at Grandmas and went on a picnic. But no rest for us, it was work work work.

Now today I have to get my swaps finished. I have my paper peicing swap that has been sitting here since before Christmas to post. I have my inpsired by swap to finish. And I have my sister swap that is overdue. I am not signing up for any more things. Zip. Zero. None.

I am ready to chuck it all in. It is not worth the stress. I went searching this morning for a little cloud punch (a carl one) to make hands with. It was the perfect thing for what I was making. BMW and I went to 3 stores. He is such a champion to be dragged everywhere.

Anyway, in our travels we found a new LSS, only 10 minutes from home. It has basic grey, sei and more! There goes my budget . Well I got to thinking while trying to complete these damn swaps, wouldn't it be nice to be paid to play with all this stuff. I'm going to do my half year CM tally when I find the time, and I'm sure I've not made much money for all the hard yakka I do. I know what the accountant will say at tax time. If you're not making any money there's no point in doing it.

Working at the LSS was one of the mums from ballet. So I've booked into a class on Wednesday. I am making a canvas. I'll get to use paint and rubber stamps. I'm very excited and looking forward to it. I know everyone starts with CM then merges out into something else. I never thought I would be the one to do it. I know that they try and push being a consultant for life but I'm tired of being pushed. I just want to stop. I'm so shocked that I'm actually thinking about it.

Feels better to voice it though. I would have to stock up on albums and pages and adhesive. And I'm booked in to Showcase. I wonder if that will change my mind. I have an hour to decide if I should go to training on Saturday before sign up closes. DH thinks I should since it will help my business. I've got a really busy week next week with TJ's dancing and wonder if another day going to Sydney is really what I need. Hmmm what to do.

What to do?

6 comments:

gloria said...

WoWsa Momma!

I think that you should do what you feel...after all is said and done, are you feeling like you are restricted, rather than inspired?
Making such a big choice is daunting, but I know whatever you choose will be the right choice for you....after all, you said it, people usually use CM as a springboard to bigger better things.

Ps...I'm back!! LOL

Veronica said...

I can totally relate to your feelings about CM - I have been thinking this way for a while and hence cancelled my Showcase registration (couldn't justify the cost given my ambivilance).

I still love CM - and I use a lot of product - so that is keeping my "in" for the moment. But I can see the day I quit is getting closer and closer.It's not so much an "if" as a "when" for me.

newsgirl said...

seems there are people all over the world feeling like this these days... my sideline is thinking of deactivating also... and she has a good business... but is working full-time now and feels like she can't be bothered...

then there is Joy... see, in my 3 1/2 years I have had maybe 4 or 5 classes... I have my regular workshops every 3 or 4 weeks and that keeps my business going... with a new customer here or there my loyal group of girls pays for my addiction! I probably won't be one to branch out into other styles because I have_no_creativity... so CM is very good for me in that way... but I sure don't work hard at my business...

Joy

agent713 said...

Wendy,
*Thinking* about quitting CM is not a bad thing. Who knows, you may decide that you really love it and aren't willing to give it up. Or, you might find (as a lot of us have) that it's just not worth hanging on to. I went through a lot of what you are experiencing right now. Feeling stessed by the business, not making any money, being too busy for it and wanting to branch out into other product lines without feeling guilty about not supporting my own business.

Ultimately, for me, quitting was the right decision. It took me almost a year from when I first started "thinking" about it and by that time I was very comfortable with the idea and had given myself time to pare down my inventory.

Whatever you decide, make sure it is right for you, for this time in your life and remember we are here no matter what you decide :)

~Heidi

Aussie Wendy said...

Well I ended up booking in for the training day. So I'll see if that inspires me. Otherwise I could become Joy for a while. Just cruising and doing my thing without going a million miles an hour and tearing my hair out when I don't succeed. The happy medium perhaps for a while.

Christines Creative Capers said...

I can relate to this too - I have lots of moments like this at the moment I'm just "ticking along" business wise and scrapbooking by whatever means I feel like....and after attending all of the 5 showcases so far - I'm taking a break and "retreating" with 8 buddies instead