Tuesday, January 03, 2006

So slight repreive yesterday on the weather. We had about 1 minute of rain - no joke. Nothing to help my fried plants. When the southerly wind finally did arrive it was full of smoke and ash, and was extremely wild. It was very humourous being stuck inside a boiling hot house and not being able to let the breeze in to cool it. I think the heat was getting to me.

Today we looked at an air conditioner. Unfortunately the store only seems to think we could have a 2.5hp for downstairs loungeroom and a 1hp for our bedroom. The kids would have to miss out. DH said this wasn't acceptable as two of the kids rooms face west and get the hot afternoon sun. So I guess if he wants to look at getting ducted, the first available appointment was April. So that definately means no air con for us this summer. UGH.

On a brighter note I won $107 to spend at the toy store off the radio station. So today we went and collected our voucher and went shopping. Who knew it would be so hard to buy toys! We ended up with Cluedo (TJ's choice), a cricket set to take away, some oars for our blow up boat my brother bought the kids last Christmas (still in the box as it had no oars), a bug catcher and net for Nath, and a leap pad book for BMW. We also had lunch out which was late at 3pm, but really relaxed and felt like we were on holidays. I also found a credit note that had been missing for 10 months, so we spent that at the camping store too. The camping store is right next door to that NSL LSS, but I did not dare to go in with DH in tow!

Tomorrow is off early to see Chicken Little with MIL in Newcastle, have to leave at 8am which is much too early in the holidays, but I guess its what you've gotta do. And then its another bbq with DH's relo's, only he goes back to work tomorrow so I have to look after the tribe. I have to go pack the rid!

See you next time, same bat channel!

No comments: