Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I made toffee!

I made toffee today!!!! Totally different recipe from yesterday. I discovered that yesterday's wasn't a failure, just a different sort of toffee. Like the ones you get in the middle of those lollies that come in the wrappers that only the grown ups like. Apparently its a Rusian toffee according to MIL. However she did share with me a recipe that she got when she was in school on how to make real toffee. Actually there was 2 recipes, but I used the one she said was more foolproof.

And it worked! So my macadamias are now toffee coated, well more like totally covered. And I had heaps of toffee left over, so I made 2 dozen of those little cupcake patty toffees like you get at a school fete. I just have no idea what to do with them now though. So I've stored them in a cupboard in a container for Christmas?

I am so proud that I actually successfully made toffee. Later I have to crush it and the macadamias for the Christmas cake. I can feel the food processor getting a run. Hopefully I don't blow it up given my run with electrical appliances lately.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo - hoo! Mission completed! Congrats!! Pictures please :)

Aussie Wendy said...

too late for pics, their in the cake!

Anonymous said...

I meant of the mess and the happy dance you were doing when it worked :D