Sunday, December 11, 2005

The saga - my very own soap opera, unfortunately the real deal

I am in two minds whether to blog this or not, but here goes anyway.

Part 1.
When we were at dancing on Thursday for the photos, TJ, and two of her friends who we were standing in line next to, decided it would be nice to have a photo together. I said that I didn't mind as I was buying the whole CD anyway and it would come on it.

So TJ has pic with friend 1. Friend 1 has pic with Friend 2. Friend 1 and Friend 2 have pic together with TJ. All is good. Its sweet that they want a pic together.

Remember that we were there for hours having to wait mostly in line waiting for the photos to be done.

Whilst in line again, Child 3 and parent stand behind us in queue. This parent has caused me major grief over the last 12 months so I politely stand, quietly facing the direction the queue is going and ignore what is behind me. This is a long queue and is very slow moving. A few minutes later there is a humph from behind and Child 3 is removed by parent and leaves the dance studio. Whilst the Child didn't seem impressed about missing out on her photo I felt glad that I didn't have to worry that she was behind me anymore. I think nothing else of it.

Part 2.
TJ had a bad scrape on her knee at school during the week and I was unimpressed about the first aid rendered, or should I say bad first aid rendered. Since we have P & C next week, and have heard so much other bad feedback about first aid I thought it would be a good topic for discussion. Enter Parent of Child 3. She is the secretary of the P&C and all agenda items have to go thru her. So I ring. And she hangs up on me. So I see the President at school and ask her to get it put on the agenda. I asked to keep it in her confidence that I wanted it on the agenda. I tell her that I rang and was hung up on. (Mistake #1)

Part 3.
At the birthday party today of Friend 1 her parent gives me a letter and says she was asked to pass it on to me. It was titled Wendy Ward via Tamara Ward. Just the same as they do at school which is why I opened it (Mistake #2) Its a letter from parent of Child 3 - the one who hung up on me - saying that her friends had told her that I had rung and she had hung up on me. She went on to say that 1. I didn't ring her. 2. her mother had been staying all week. 3. if I wanted something on the agenda I was to put it in the pigeon hole at school and not to contact her. It was a typed letter, not even handwriten.

Part 4.
We go to Kindergarten Party and P&C president is there. I tell her about the letter I received. She says that she spoke to child3's parent regarding me ringing her/ hanging up thing which she denied happening, and about the first aid for the agenda. THEN president goes on to say that she had a whole bitch about the photo thing at dancing and that her child was being left out becuase the 3 friends had their photo taken together.

Mother of friend 1 is nearby and tells me don't believe half of what president tells me. Its not necessarily true. I'm tired. I don't feel well. And I can't believe this is happening all over again.

So I go and do my class I have to teach. Decide that none of them really are my friends anyway, associates yes. True friends? No.

I go and look at my neighbours Christmas lights tonight as Grandma is leaving - parents of Friend 2. Do the polite neighbour chatter. Mention that my phone hasn't stopped ringing since I got home. And she says...about the kindergarten party? Err no about business and the MIL.

So news travels fast and gossip travels even faster. Do I want to go near school ever again? No. But will I let that b.i.t.c.h keep me away? Not this time.

Now this is where I am failing. Why is she doing this? Is she so sick that she has to make up lies and gossip? What else is she going to concoct? And is she going to take it to dancing again, like last year and make TJ's life a misery again as well? Making my life a misery is one thing, but you leave my daughter alone.

I cannot stand this woman and I truly think she is sick and wicked. And I'm sort of thinking that p&c president isn't much better. She certainly seems to be a gossip feeder.

Why cannot I meet some nice people here and actually make some real friends? It makes me sad and makes me want to go home. But home isn't there anymore either. I have to go and wipe my tears away and be strong. I don't want to let her do this to me again and make my life hell thinking about her. Why did we have to go do all these things for Christmas? It was so much safer staying in my hole. Alone and untouched. I can feel a migraine coming on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wendy {{{{{HUGS}}}}} I'll IM you later :(

gloria said...

(((hugs))) to you...I *so* know what you mean abotu making good friends...and how you feel about rude women...seems some of us never grow out of our 5th grade mentality!