Thursday, December 29, 2005

Its been action aplenty!

Shall I start at Christmas Eve? I don't think I've blogged since before then, so here we go.

Christmas Eve, food shopping at 6:30am, and it was busy!

On Christmas Eve Grandma arrived. Thats my mum. Her car was loaded up and could have been Santas sleigh! Every year we ask her please no more big toys, but every year she brings more. This year her gifts were a hit so that was wonderful. Dinner was prawns. Yum!

Christmas morning the kids woke early, BMW woke Nath so he could open presents. DH's parents arrived for breakfast at 8am and missed all the present opening. They were supposed to arrive at 7am. There was no way I was making the kids wait.

Mid morning my brother and his fiancee arrived. It was the first time we'd met Aunty Sarah. The kids accepted her quite well.

I baked a hot lunch of turkey, ham and vegetables. I put the rolls in the oven and promptly forgot them. After lunch finished I remembered them. They were more like little shot put balls. Black and hard. The rest of lunch was very scrumptush and relaxed.

It was then pool time. The kids got a waterslide off santa and had heaps of fun with it. We also played cricket. I've always wanted to play cricket on Christmas Day. Its a bit of an aussie tradition I reckon.

At dinner time we drove to DH's sisters to meet up with all his relo's. We had a few drinks and slept over. It was fun except for the bar through our backs on the sofa bed. Not very comfortable to put it nicely.

Boxing Day we went and visited Grandma at her house, had lunch and caught up with my dear friend Gill. We brought Grandma home with us for a dinner of turkey and left overs. It was very very yummy.

On the 27th I took Grandma home and then DH's sister and family arrived to stay at our place. They have only just left this afternoon, thus no time to blog or privacy to do so either.

Last night DH's parents and other sister and her family came for dinner. It was a pretty hectic afternoon and night with all the kids, pool, and parents. Partway through a customer of mine arrived to pick up her kit, and while she was here there was this ginormous bang. Our glass outdoor table gave way with my BIL sitting at it.

Well glass went everywhere. Through the drinks bucket, through the drinks, even embedded in the side of the tupperware glasses. All over poor BIL. It was a huge mess, and we are still finding glass today, even though its been hosed and vacummed down.

So we are one table down, exhausted, and now relo free. Its been fun, but I think we might have a quiet new years to make up for it. Oh and DH's work rang today, his holidays in January have been cancelled and he will be working 12 hour roster because they don't have enough beer. DH is a brewer for a major beer company in Sydney. I guess it will be mostly me and the kids doing stuff over the holidays. Oh well, we can do with the extra cash. Its been stinking hot and humid here and I would love to buy an air conditioner.

Thats all for now. I'm off to make something for dinner, other than ham and salad!

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas :)

Too bad about the glass table - how strange was that?? Did something get dropped on it - or did it just spontaneously explode??

Aussie Wendy said...

It spontaneously exploded. It was a hot day and we were thinking the cold drinks on it may not have helped. It was also the table we normally had in our pool area with the umbrella through the centre. Maybe that resting against it in the wind weakened it some? So lucky it wasn't by the pool when it broke!

Veronica said...

Oh yeah - imagine trying to get the little bits of glass out of the pool???